Wonderstruck, a new movie from Todd Haynes, a director known for his interest in form, is coming out later this year. A clip was released this week, showing two parallel scenes set in the New York American Natural History Museum, in New York. When I watched it, I was put in mind of our class's trip, a few weeks back. to the Natural History Museum of L.A. (documented here, and further explored here). The beautifully filmed sequence, which you can view below, captures some of what makes that strange space such a joy to visit.
VVP: Art 434 & Engl. 410
- Image from the Smithsonian Natural History Museum ...
- Final Collaborations
- Last Day of Class
- Third Set of Cross-Genre Projects
- Wolterstorff, Anderson, Cage, and "Holy Gratuity"
- Film Meets Art
- Bored Art-Student Desktop Art, Part 3
- Walt Whitman on the Open Road
- Spot Collaboration: Maximilian Tomozei & Sources O...
- ▼ May (11)
- ► 2013 (55)